Booking Procedures for Elk Hunts
- Non-resident hunters applying thru U-Trail take advantage of a 10% New Mexico Game & Fish outfitter pool.
- In-state outfitters entitled to 10% of tags each hunting category. (Out-of-state outfitters removed from 10% pool).
- All applications are applied online.
U-Trail's Application Process
- Hunters apply on-line with our Outfitter No.
- U-Trail and hunters agree to the service provided with a written contract.
- Deposit of $500.00 required, refundable after two years if not drawn.
- After a successful draw, half the service is required, less $500.00 deposit, 2 weeks after draw.
- Balance of service due at trailhead, plus 8.69% sales tax.
- Drop camp hunters; please inquire into service availability after your successful draw.
Required by each hunter for applications
- Name, address and daytime phone number
- New Mexico Game & Fish ID # accessible at:www.wildlife.state.nm.us
- Hunters required to apply for Game License, $65.00 (refundable less $20.00 if not drawn) at application.
- Last four digits of SS number
- Tag Fee
James Mater, owner and operator
Glenwood, New Mexico
Located on Hwy. 180, 70 miles north of Silver City and 30 miles south of Reserve. Approximately equal distance (250 miles) from major cities of Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix or El Paso. Fifteen miles east of the Arizona border.
Directions to U-Trail
Eleven miles north of Glenwood on Hwy. 180. Traveling north, turn right (east) 1/2 mile past mile marker 41 — just before a bridge. Traveling south, turn left (east) just 1/2 mile past mile maker 40 — just after the bridge. Follow U-Trail signs to Wild Horse Mesa, a short distance to the mesa top, mile marker 40 1/2.